Why is overstaying at home better than hotels?
The secret is in the phrase “home conditions”. Most hotels are a series of aviaries (large cages) that contain puppies and adult animals. Hotels accept a large number of animals, keep them in the right conditions, but do not guarantee individual attention to which the animal is accustomed in the family.
Dog overstaying at home means that the pet lives in an apartment, in a family. They communicate, play, swim and walk with them. People and facilities change, but the daily routine, food and maintenance remain the same. This minimizes the inevitable stress. Often a service is provided by those who have their own dog.
This is a big plus, because there is an opportunity:
- Evaluate the condition of the pet and its relationship with its owner, forming an objective opinion about the person;
- see in person how the pet’s corner is equipped (what kind of bedding, whether there are toys, where all this is located, in what condition) and understand whether the person really loves animals;
- Provide your pet with a companion to play for the duration of the holiday or business trip.
The calm behavior of the “local” animal will allow the beginner to adapt more quickly. The only disadvantage is the possibility of tense relations, but they are easily predicted by the behavior of dogs on the playground at the first acquaintance.
Who do you want the dog for your vacation?
Overstaying at home
It’s a very important question, because overdoing dogs at home is a new family for a few days or even weeks. Not only professionalism and special knowledge about dogs are important, but also the attitude to animals is calm, caring and friendly.
- Ask some of the “doggies” I know;
- Check with a cynological club;
- Search through the Internet.
In the first two cases, along with the contact information, the dog owner also receives a recommendation – a personal feedback from the person who has already used this option.
Among the advantages of searching through the Internet – a wide choice, clearly described conditions and rates, the ability to find and compare reviews on forums of amateur dog breeders.
Another advantage is that it is easy to search not among individuals, but among companies providing such services. It turns out to be a kind of hybrid of a classic hotel for dogs and overexposure at home.
Among his pros:
- the animal is not “on the word of honor,” it’s on a contract;
- The company that offers such services is legally responsible for the condition of the animal;
- reputable companies are interested in a good image, and hire real professionals.
There may be no drawbacks to such a solution – the cost of such overstaying is often kept at a level that is usual for the temporary keeping of pets.
What do you want to overstay at home?
At home, the pet knows exactly where his things are, where he can run, play, sleep. In a new place, this knowledge will have to be acquired anew. It is better, if together with a dog “will come” its feeding trough and 1-2 toys.
They’ll help reduce the stress that’s inevitable in the first few days while your dog gets used to the new place. Sometimes they take things that don’t belong directly to the pet, but that remind them of home: a small blanket, a pillow on which he likes to sleep on the couch. Their number depends only on the owner’s wish and the agreement with the person who is engaged in overexposure.
It is necessary to pay attention to the psychological state of the pet. Some people get used to the new place without showing signs of sadness or anxiety after half an hour or so. Others will need a few days to adapt. It is for them that a few such things should be envisaged – soothing, reminiscent of home and promising that the host will return soon.
Cost of overexposure
It’s a paid service. For his money the customer receives:
- to keep the pet for the agreed period of time;
- his diet;
- Properly equipped bedding;
- periodic walking (in agreement with the owner);
- Additional services: medical care, elements of training and education for puppies and young animals.
The final price differs significantly, but in the capital city starts from about 300-400 rubles per day. This is the minimum set of services, which does not include the purchase of feed and other additional services, which will need to be agreed separately.
Choose – and let the overexposure of dogs at home will bring your pet only pleasant impressions!